Senior Coordinator – Marketing and Communications
The Senior Coordinator of RTC NJ – Marketing and Communications is responsible for leading the coordination and management of marketing and communications needs for the RTC NJ Programs Team. This includes being a partner and liaison for the Communications and Marketing pillar in Advancement. This role will represent and actively assess the needs for collateral and content development ensuring ample forward planning. This role will be in key in helping to shape marketing strategies for all program offerings: Community Business Academy, Business Acceleration Services, and Credit to Capital.
As the liaison, they will ensure that the flow of information and the detailed needs for requests are funneled to Communications and Marketing in a concise, accurate, and timely manner. This role will also proactively manage the pacing of outputs from the communications team ensuring ample time for follow up so delivery is timely. The team member will vet output content, approach, and strategies that support meeting goals and intended outcomes that align with our funding deliverables, diversity goals and overarching organizational objectives.
This integral team member and first point of contact for RTC NJ’s team members’ marketing needs; so this role will require implementing the rhythms needed to meet with managers, actively track engagement and registration, maintain speaking points built by the Communications and Marketing teams, and enhance as well as maintain processes that support communications with our entrepreneurs, funders, and community partners in English and Spanish.
In addition, they will work closely with RTC NJ team members to increase awareness internally of all programs and key happening allowing the broader team to support amplification and clarity. This team member must be meticulously detail-driven and oriented towards systems thinking. A successful team member will have an authentic connection to and passion for Rising Tide’s mission, alignment with our values-driven culture, and a personal disposition that maintains calm and warmth amid a fast-paced work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the communications team in establishing and evaluating a marketing strategy and plan by providing with the information, schedules, goals, and outcomes needed.
- Organize and edit presentations used in the programs and to promote the programs. Spearhead the quality control of all programs’ and presentations ensuring brand alignment, proper use of external and internal logos while assessing when Communications and Marketing should be sent the content for a full update / edit.
- Innovate and present ideas to help strategize and find new effective ways to market our programs, services, seminars, and special events.
- Manage the implementation of strategies and measure their performance – provide active feedback to Communications and Marketing teams on what is working and what may need to change.
- Work with Communications to execute the strategies that support NJ programs and continue to lift our alumni stories and activities that should be visible to Communications and Marketing.
- Reinvigorate and partner to evolve our alumni engagement strategies while actively managing our communication through our various social media platforms i.e. Facebook and WhatsApp – including outreach to RTC NJ from external folks through these channels.
- Maintain and manage master calendar for all program activities that require marketing support ensuring it is accessible and visible to the organization.
- Create salesforce links and registration pages to ensure all our brand and curb appeal is added, wording is clear, inviting, and proofread.
- Monitor salesforce campaigns for registration and activate additional marketing efforts as needed.
- Manage the creation of the alumni newsletter, coaches newsletter, and C2C newsletter. Work with the appropriate program and communication team members for relevant and meaningful content.
- Identify where speaking point guides and FAQs for the programs team are needed and maintain these as updates are needed.
- Maintain support and marketing materials, ensuring all content/materials are current and on-brand while coordinating new material creation as needed. In addition, manage and organize an inventory of the materials.
- Attend the deliverables meeting and assess how communication needs to support meeting/succeeding deliverables for NJ programs, particularly around diversity and location of entrepreneurs served.
- Represent the voice of New Jersey Programs and entrepreneurs ensuring our communications are clear, relatable, and align to all audiences.
- Maintain and update media library to include but not limited to videos, photography, and various marketing materials.
- Partner with communications to monitor organization branding and intellectual property regarding copyright and legal issues, including being the lead for NJ release forms.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably with a nonprofit and/or community/business development organization
Bilingual, able to speak and write in English and Spanish
- Excellent presentation and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong storytelling ability to allow for engaging content to be created
- Proactive self-starter, highly organized, and detail-oriented—comfortable with unstructured assignments, multi-tasking, and quick deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of commonly accepted communications, marketing, and public relations principles and practices
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, content management software, and email marketing platforms; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Exceptional proofreading skills
HOW TO APPLY
** Please note: We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters or agencies at this time.To apply, please email your cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to Ravi Babu at firstname.lastname@example.org.