Director of Finance
Rising Tide Capital seeks an experienced non-profit financial leader to assume leadership in this newly created role over day-to-day finance and administration operations at a mid-sized fast growing organization.
The Director of Finance will report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). The ideal candidate will be an experienced finance professional, committed to providing excellent service to stakeholders through delivering quality, accurate and timely financial information.
With a controller-level professional skill set, significant experience with line-items grant management, advanced Excel skills, and proficiency in accounting software programs, he/she will have the ability and willingness to undertake and be responsible for a variety of tasks from creating flexible and integrated organizational budgets and analyzing financial data to oversight of transactional accounting and bookkeeping activities, ensuring integrity and transparency of information and systems.
He/she must be willing to directly perform both tactical and strategic work, collaborate with team members in non-finance areas, have career interest that extends beyond finance into operations management and leadership, and assist the COO with presentations to the board, finance and audit committees.
As part of a small team, he/she will be detail-driven, collaborative, flexible, and able to self-manage and work well in a dynamic fast paced environment. We seek a quick study, analytical thinker, exhibiting pride in his/her work, with a connection to and passion for RTC’s mission, alignment with our values-driven culture, and inclusive disposition that maintains calm and focus in performing duties under any circumstance.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversight of and able to perform all bookkeeping activities when needed, including processing of deposits, issue checks and credit card payments ensuring accurate bookkeeping and accounting
- Manage grants and donations received ensuring funds are accurately recorded and expenditures are aligned with gift restrictions
- Ensure the timely and accurate reconciliation of all cash accounts and manage cash balances to ensure sufficient liquidity to meet organization’s financial obligations
- Create organization budget template and department budgets for functional areas, monitor and compare to actual results, identify, explain and report variances as appropriate
- Provide detailed financial information to the Development team for grant proposals and reporting. Regularly review allocation of funds and reconcile the Development records with the Accounting records to ensure all parties have accurate information
- Consistently prepare, review and analyze financial data in an accurate and timely manner for senior management team, board and committees
- Assist with creating presentations and materials for board, committees, foundations and donors, preparing financial data in an appropriate format for each audience
- Enhance, implement and monitor financial/accounting policies and processes and internal controls; improve the policy and procedure manual
- Coordinate audit activities. Prepare schedules and documents for annual audit and tax returns
- Tracking of line item grant expenditures to ensure reporting compliance and full revenue recognition
- Oversee payroll and partner on benefits administration
- Manage and negotiate insurance policies held for the organization, review all contracts and partner in negotiations when needed
- Minimum of a BA; CPA/MBA or related degree preferred; at least 6 years of accounting and finance experience preferably in a non-profit multi-site environment
- Demonstrated experience developing and monitoring budgets; preparing financial models and analyzing data
- Ability to translate financial information and effectively collaborate with non-finance colleagues
- Understanding of internal controls and risk management; ability to develop and implement policies and procedures
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, non-profit accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills; proficient in use of accounting software
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with a small team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Commits to RTC’s mission to help low-income/disadvantaged minorities break the cycle of poverty locally and nationally
- Medical and dental health plans
- 401k plan
- Wellness perks
** Please note: We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters or agencies at this time.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Jhosan@RisingTideCapital.org.