COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Reports to the Director of National Program Partnerships
Type: Regular Full-Time, Exempt
The Community Engagement Manager will work to support the launch and growth of a national network of organizations that share a common mission to transform lives and communities through entrepreneurship and who are licensing the Rising Tide Model in order to launch entrepreneurship support initiatives in their communities. Through the work of the National Program Partnerships (NPP) Team, Rising Tide Capital licenses its program to partnering organizations in communities nationwide to accelerate their development and impact as local entrepreneurship support hubs.
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for developing and implementing both a customer and community engagement strategy for Rising Tide Network Partners and Affiliates. This includes developing user journeys, creating systems for relationship management, managing events for collaboration across the network, coordinating training sessions, facilitating the network of practice, and nimbly and dynamically responding to needs and opportunities arising from individual partners and the collective network.
This individual will have a deep interest and skill for the organizational development of nonprofits, as demonstrated by a strong ability to assess opportunities, anticipate issues, troubleshoot challenges, develop strategy, and, most importantly, support people as they work to create impact in the organizations and the communities they serve. Ideal candidates will have a broad range of nonprofit professional experience and a specific capacity to analyze, develop, and apply concepts and tools to a range of organizations and contexts.
The Community Engagement Manager will have a particular interest, experience, and passion for people and for community. Relationship-building is a core function of this role. This individual will be responsible for sustaining and strengthening existing relationships while actively building new and dynamic relationships within and in support of the Network.
This person will be a dynamic and flexible self-leader with a desire and a capacity for the start-up environment. The nature of this new business initiative will demand significant on-the-go learning, development, and execution. The Manager will have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to work in this kind of highly adaptive atmosphere.
The Community Engagement Manager is a vital team culture carrier, bringing strong execution and planning to a creative and community-building space. In addition, the Manager will have a passion for the mission of the work and be a model for the organization’s values and approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position includes responsibility for partner relationship management, training development and delivery, project management, and event planning.
Relationship Management: Work closely with Rising Tide Network Partners and Affiliates; support the design and implementation of the relationship management system; provide personal and strategic support to partners; troubleshoot partner problems and direct them to information and support within the RTC team, as needed. Responsible for identifying issues, threats, and opportunities — especially those that impact partner development. Manage and maximize the Knowledge Center, the Rising Tide Network’s online resource hub.
Training Development and Delivery: Support the design and implementation of the partner training schedule and content; deliver some sessions of the training; provide logistical support to all training sessions both in-person and online.
Project Management: Support the department by managing small projects, often in coordination with other Rising Tide Capital teams such as communications and programs. Implement project plans and arrange the execution of project activities. Coordinate multiple moving parts of project plan to ensure smooth execution. Projects will vary and will include site visits, invoicing, and fulfillment. Management will include a mind towards the strategic design of systems
Event Planning and General Logistics: Provide primary support on the development and logistical implementation of all NPP-related events, including site visits to partner cities and hosting replication and funding partners; Responsible for coordinating with external partners for logistical alignment.
Communications: Provide critical support to key communications pieces ranging from website content and social media to NPP’s bi-monthly newsletter and video projects.
- At least 4 years previous experience in the nonprofit field—particularly in the field of social justice, community development, or economic inclusion—and experience working in and serving diverse populations, particularly Black and Hispanic communities.
- In-depth experience and understanding of program management, including experience in membership services, community management, and/or managing and cultivating client relationships.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to develop collaborative, productive, and respectful relationships with leaders and other institutions and groups, including but not limited to communities of color, immigrant and refugee communities, nonprofits, and community organizations
Excellent presentation and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Enthusiasm and interest in high-touch relationship management with new and existing partners through sales meetings, customer service, communications, and events.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset and capacity; balancing strategy and execution
- Exceptional on follow-through, a propensity for staying organized, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Track record of building authentic, lasting, and impactful key stakeholder relationships
- Proven capacity to self-direct, problem solve and anticipate needs arising
- Proficient in MS Office and Canva, experience with MailChimp and LinkedIn a plus
HOW TO APPLY
** Please note: We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters or agencies at this time.
To apply, please email your cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to Ravi Babu at firstname.lastname@example.org.