Category: Program General
Are you an entrepreneur interested in our programs?
Rising Tide Capital assists struggling entrepreneurs and communities to build strong businesses that transform lives, strengthen families and create thriving, sustainable neighborhoods. We are committed to expanding economic opportunity by providing the highest quality small business management, planning and coaching support!
Rising Tide Capital offers the following programs and services to entrepreneurs:
1. The Community Business Academy: A 12-week course that provides hands-on training in business management and planning. Perfect for people who are looking to start a new business or those who are already open but feel they could be more successful if they knew how to better manage their business. ClBA sessions are offered twice per year, and classes are held on Saturday mornings and on evenings after work. To apply to The Community Business Academy, you must attend a mandatory (free) Information session. To find out when the next Information session will take place, fill out the Inquiry form below.
2. Business Acceleration Services: One-on-One coaching, targeted business seminars and special events designed for individuals struggling to open, stabilize or grow a business. Rising Tide Capital does not provide loans directly, but works with entrepreneurs to identify appropriate non-profit micro lenders. If you are looking to get a business loan, we can help you prepare your materials or refer you to our partner lending agencies.
If you would like to participate in our programs, please review our eligibility criteria and program details below:
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must have a specific business idea that you would like to start, or you must already be in business.
- Your business cannot be illegal, destructive, or exploitative of the community.
- NOTE: Our programs are currently offered infour cities in Hudson and Essex Counties, NJ--Jersey City, the City of Orange Township, Union City and Newark. If you do not live close enough to travel to our programs, you can find other programs like RTC in your community. Visit the national Association for Enterprise Opportunity (AEO) http://www.microenterpriseworks.org/
Interested? See what some Rising Tide Entrepreneurs are saying about our programs, check out our August Calendar of Events, or take a look at our 2012 Program Highlights. Then, submit an inquiry form to reserve your space at the next free programs orientation. Spaces for the next semester are filling up quickly so submit your form today!
Rising Tide Capital's programs are made possible by generous individuals and institutions who believe in investing in the entrepreneurial drive and skills of individuals to achieve lasting self-reliance and community transformation.